Congratulations, you’re engaged! Now, the planning starts. You and your partner will have to think about the venue, invitations, flowers, cakes and all the other things that come along with planning a wedding. You’ve probably thoughts a lot about many of your options available, but here are a few things you might not have thought about yet.
- Location: You might be thinking to yourself, “location is an obvious one, we’ve already thought about that!” That’s great, but along with the location, consider the time of the year, weather, and how easy it is to get to your destination. Silverlake 2200 is only minutes from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport which makes travel planning much easier.
- Transportation: How will your guest get to their hotel? How will they get to your wedding venue? Our Grapevine event space is connected to two Marriott hotels that offer complimentary airport shuttle service. We are also located in the middle of the DFW Metroplex which puts you close to Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Lewisville, and more.L
- Local Events: The Dallas/Fort Worth area is home to many events throughout the year. Dallas Cowboys games, college sports, NASCAR, conventions, and many others. Consider what events might be taking place in your destination. It could affect flight and hotel accommodations for you and your guests.
- Local Attractions: Many times, guests will plan a vacation or weekend get-a-way around your wedding. Especially if they are visiting from out of town. While not attending wedding activities, the Grapevine area has much to do and explore. Visit the Explore page for more information.
- Convenience: Silverlake 2200 is connected to a Courtyard and TownePlace Suites which allows your guest to easily return to their guestrooms and suites when the events of the day are over. No worries about driving, late evenings, or other concerns. There aren’t many Grapevine wedding venues that can deliver that sort of convenience to your guests.
We hope this gives you a few extra things to think about without overwhelming you with more decisions to make. Please let our outstanding event team know if you need any help planning your wedding.